Having a toddler is like always being in a guessing game, what they like today they might not like tomorrow, their logic makes no sense, but you just have to figure out how to keep them healthy and thriving, one meal at a time.
The whole feeding a toddler process is a lot to deal with and gets taken to a whole different level when they start teething, those pesky teeth do a lot more than keep them up at night, it also makes them the most difficult eaters on the planet. If it wasn’t for my “I will sneak everything in your daily green smoothie” I would be driven crazy!
What works for me is putting a lot of variety on Arren’s plate. Otees, rye bread with pumpkin seed butter, blueberries, fruit, it’s all been there.
Here are some of Arren’s favourite breakfast
- Oats made with water, mixed with a bit of black-strap molasses, date syrup and soy milk.
- Green Smoothie
- Buckwheat Porridge sweetened with grated apple and date syrup.
- Toast with marmite
- Rye bread with pumpkin seed butter
- blueberries, strawberries, nectarine, black grapes, banana
- Soy yogurt
- Millet porridge, sweetened with black strap molasses .
- Otees or cheerios
- Tofu scramble.
- buckwheat pancakes
Arren’s cute little plate and bib is from Charley’s boxes. The bib is a clothes lifesaver, it covers everything and it looks so cute!