Arren is all about the happy baby pose lately. Its the cutest thing ever seeing baby boy loving on his feet so much, its really making diaper changes a dream,because his legs are up already, but at the same time we have to figure out how to work around those little arms! Continue reading
Happy Easter Weekend guys! Continue reading
Our little Arren has grown so much this month. Continue reading
Nothing says it’s party time like a picnic in Kirstenbosch gardens right? well throw in a cute little baby and you’ve got yourself a party. Continue reading
Happy St Patrick’s day! I can’t believe its been a year since we were in Dublin for St Patrick’s day. Here is a flash back photo of of one of my favourite St Patrick’s day photos in Ireland. Continue reading
Another month has just flown by and all of a sudden Arren doesn’t even seem like a baby anymore! He’s grown so much and is getting spunkier each day. I just can’t believe how much I love this little weirdo. He’s been having longer periods of wakefulness, he really uses this time well, trying to be the cutest baby he can possibly be.
We’ve been trying to take him out more, but boy, we still look like deer in the headlights. We usually have a whole lot of things in our hands that we don’t end up using, but hey we are slowly getting into a rhythm as a family of three.
This guy is such a tall baby, he doesn’t even seem like a baby anymore he’s so tall! He’s growing rapidly and I just keep wondering where did my tiny little baby go?! I’m breastfeeding Arren Yuki exclusively and things are going great. This guy has been a natural from the beginning he’s had a great latch and with help from my midwife, we mastered breastfeeding from the beginning. I’ve found out Arren is allergic to gluten, so I’ve taken gluten out my diet now. I didn’t have that much gluten before, but I did have a piece of toast here and there, and almost everything seems to have surprise gluten in it.
I’m really happy that I kept exercising and eating healthy during pregnancy, its played such an important role in my postpartum recovery. I’m still trying to get moving and actually do stuff, but most of the time Arren doesn’t want anything to do with that nonsense, he just wants to be held and cuddled. He doesn’t even like being used as my exercise equipment! I still use him as a weight, when he’s not looking; shhhhh, don’t tell him. I’ve started sneaking downstairs in the morning to do a quick workout. I’m loving the tone it up workout series. It’s such a great start to my morning and gets me pumped to carry around a growing baby the whole day!
ARREN’S 2 MONTH UPDATE
- This little guy is all smiles and giggles lately. It’s been really fun trying to get him to giggle. He really brings out my silly side.
- Hes kicking away a storm. When he gets excited he starts kicking vigorously. It’s the funniest thing ever, it looks like he’s trying to run away.
- He loves being carried looking over the shoulder, he holds my arm so nicely while he looks at the world in awe. He uses his other hand to steer me by my hair like I’m a horse.
- He’s been really liking the baby in the mirror lately, he hated the baby in the mirror before and would scream at himself. I think he saw the other baby as competition.
- All the cooing! He coos all the time and one of his coos sounds exactly like Hello! It’s just the most amazing thing. We’ve decided he should start a baby band called The Coos with his baby friends.
- Everything goes into his mouth. He’s started putting everything he can pick up into his mouth. We got him this cute little crinkling lion and the first thing he did with it was give him a little taste. We’ve also fooled him into taking his pacifier like that. If he puts it into his mouth by himself he doesn’t hate it that much.
- The witching hour here is more like the witching hours! between 5 – 7 this guy just seems to reach his limit of being overstimulated, grumpy and sleepy or maybe he’s just sick of seeing my face and looks forward to seeing his dad. Either way, it’s hard!
- He’s starting to sleep better at night, he doesn’t need to feed as much as he used to. This guy sure knows the difference between night and day. He gets grumpy if we don’t start winding down and take him upstairs to the room for his bedtime routine. It’s like he’s got a little watch on him.
- He smiles at everyone. I feel like we have to work so hard for a smile and then wham! A new person just looks at him and a smile happens. It’s really unfair!
This guy is such a little joy to be around! Watching him grow is just amazing.
^^ Arren got a new hat. He looks so cute and tubby. He still hates the brightness. I need to get him some baby sunglasses.
^^ In this photo he actually looks like he likes the bassinet, but this guy…this guy hates the bassinet. He kicks the crap out of it while making a lot of displeasure sounds. I don’t know what’s wrong with the bassinet, maybe his baby friends told him horror stories.
^^ I just love these little zipper outfits. They’re just so convenient and easy to put on a cranky little baby. They were such a mission to find in Cape Town, apparently they don’t sell well. I don’t understand, they’re just the best! We even have some cute summer zipper outfits.
^^This is one of the short sleeve zipper outfits! Nothing cuter than baby shoes.
^^ Beautiful sunsets on an extremely windy day.
^^ Its a great day if you wind surf.
^^ I actually did my hair and make up, but it was so hot, windy and cold all that hard work for nothing!
Hi friends! How was your weekend? I feel like i haven’t done one of these posts in ages! Baby life has been crazy, but so much fun. We actually went out twice this weekend! Twice! Can you believe it? Both of the trips were a complete bust, Arren really, really doesn’t like any form of heat or wind! but hey, we made it out! that’s a miracle in itself!
Cloth diapering seems like such an old fashioned notion. Something that our grandmothers used to do. Big white cloths that had to be folded and pinned with a safety pin and the whole thing would be covered in diaper cover in hopes of making it look a little more attractive. These days cloth diapers have gone from being something that’s incredibly inconvenient to amazingly aesthetically pleasing. Its not just all about looks though, cloth diapers have come a long way and now is a pretty, convenient option that’s way easier on the planet, but also easier on baby’s bum.
When I first found out about Arren making a little home in my body, I knew that I wanted to cloth diaper. I wanted to have a lighter footprint on the planet and Carl loved all the money we would be saving. As my due date approached and I started thinking about how tired and love struck I was going to be in the first couple of weeks I started getting a little scared. No one wants to wash a crap load (pun intended) of laundry when you’ve got a fresh little poop monster on your hands. That’s why we also got a bunch of bio degradable disposable diapers to go along with the cloth diapers. I’m really happy that we had them on hand they were great! They fit Arren really well and we got to throw away the gross black poop stage diapers!
As soon as we started on the cloth diapers I was sad that we didn’t start sooner! First of all he looks so cute in all the different colours. He’s got a colour for every mood. We even have a cute little pink diaper that he looks so punk rock in. He seems so excited every time he sees pink! He also seems happier in his cloth diapers, he doesn’t mind peeing in his diapers, doesn’t get diaper rash in them because it never really leaves him wet and he sleeps in longer stretches at night because he’s never that wet.
CLOTH DIAPER 101 TIPS AND TRICKS
- Find a brand you like: We have two sets of diapers. The one batch we got second hand and the other is a cloth diaper brand called biddykins. The second hand brand is terrible! they fit a bit strangely and the insert doesn’t really do anything. We double up on these diapers and that took away the problem,but they still fit a bit weird. The second brand Biddykins, is just AMAZING. We just love them so much, the quality, the inserts, the cute prints and the price is just the best. Always read the reviews of a cloth diaper brand, that’s the best way to find a good brand and have an idea of what people think of them.
- Washing: I wash the diapers with all Arren’s clothes. I’ve even used a 30 minute cycle without having a stain problem. If it seems a bit discoloured I hang them up outside to get naturally bleached by the sun. It works perfectly! It also works on white clothes.
- Tea tree essential oil: I don’t think the diapers smell that bad in a diaper bin, but we throw tea tree oil in the bucket to prevent odour. This also works great for any bin.
- Make sure it fits everywhere and doesn’t have any escape holes for bodily fluids. Its easy to clip these diapers on, but taking the time to see if its tighter is for your best interest.
- The booster pad matters! Having a good booster pad makes your diaper experience that much better.
- Don’t be freaked out at the cost: Cloth diapering saves money! When you buy your first pack it doesn’t seem that way, but this is a once off cost and that once you have them you have them. If you’re planning on having more than one child you wont have to buy more for your next baby.
- Cloth diapers can become an obsession. With all the cute prints its hard to stop buying new ones. I don’t see a good reason to stop because they are just that great, so I shall continue to shop until I drop. Or until I have no house left at all, and all my furniture is just covered in cloth diapers.
I’m just loving cloth diapering, seeing a happy baby is just the best and he just looks so cute how can I deny him of those things!