By now everyone knows that you can make a delicious low fat ice cream out of ice cream from bananas. Its so quick to whip up and you can make any variation your heart could ever desire.
Making a healthy, yes you saw that right, I said healthy, chocolate sauce to go with your banana ice cream is easy and so delicious. Even my chocoholic husband loved it, and that’s saying something.
Why is it healthy? Well its made out of medjool dates and cocao powder. The superfoods of the gods!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MEDJOOL DATES
- Energy Powerhouse. The high levels of natural sugar is a sure way to get stable energy.
- Great Source of Potassium. Medjool dates contains more potassium than bananas. Potassium assists in balancing body pH, maintaining inter-cellular fluid balance as well as blood sugar regulation.
- Rich in copper: Its a great source of iron and the absorption of iron, formation of collagen, red blood cells formation as well as energy generation.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCAO POWDER
- Neutralizes Free Radicals. High levels of antioxidants protects the body from a free radical build up caused by sun exposure, smoking and pollution. Our bodies need antioxidants to mop up the free radicals that can damage our cells.
- Enhance Physical and Mental Well-being; The components found in cocao work together to improve physical and mental well-being.
- Helps Digestion; A sufficient amount of fiber that is found in cocao, supports digestion as well as stimulating the body’s digestive enzymes.
SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1 cup Medjool Dates, covered with water and left overnight.
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
Drain the water from the dates. Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour over ice cream and enjoy!