It feels like it was just yesterday that I wrote my musings for the first month! Nothing makes you realise how fast time goes by like a baby, before having Arren a month didn’t feel like such a big deal, but now when I see all the milestones we go through on a monthly bases as humans I feel more grateful for the time I have in this earthly life.
A lot has happened this month; The best thing that happened this month is definitely the fact that Arren finally likes his dad! I think we finally wore him down with all our intense ” You will like your father” techniques! Hey, it worked! Everyday just keeps getting better with this guy!
MUSINGS OF FIRST TIME PARENTS – 2 MONTHS
- We’ve figured out how to bounce Arren to sleep in a shorter amount of time. It might look weird to people, but hey! It works! It also causes slight cramping instead of one long cramp from an hour of “normal” bouncing.
- You wont know how to stand still without your baby in public. I start bounce standing when talking to people now.
- Going out with a baby means taking everything you own ,because you don’t know if you will need it or not.
- Being late will just become the norm. Even if you get up really early, have everything ready a poopslosion can turn into an impromptu bath time.
- Making it to church at 9am is a distant memory. Things just take longer and its okay, soon we will figure out how to leave the house before 11:30.
- Arren can go from a happy smiling baby to a sad baby within a minute. Babies are bipolar.
- Everything is worth it, because of that amazing little person in your arms. The cute baby smiles, giggles and coos will make your heart melt.
- Why is there vomit on everything???
- Arren is more engaged now and loves to play.
- A more wakeful baby also means more time to figure out why he’s crying.
- Arren went to his first funeral this month and I saw first hand the comfort a baby can bring to everyone around them.
- You wont believe how many photos you take.