Since finding out that I was pregnant I’ve been on a strict clean, healthy nutrient filled meal plan. I had a couple of slip ups in the beginning due to my insane cravings for candy, sugar and all things nice. I got angry at Carl, because he didn’t get me a 10 donut special that our local grocery store was having, I mean blind rage, I was so angry at him I couldn’t even look at his face, it was the most irrational anger I’ve ever experience, but yet I’m still kind of angry that he didn’t anticipate my needs. I’ve kicked those bad habits and I’m completely focused on giving baby the best start possible, what you put in you get out has never been so true in the making a human department! That doesn’t mean I’m restricting myself from all delicious treats. I’ve just gotten creative and have come up with such amazing alternatives, that make me feel so good and give me the energy boost I need all day.
This healthy chocolate pudding is amazing and filled with good for you ingredients that’s amazing for pregnancy.
AVOCADO HEALTH BENEFITS DURING PREGNANCY
- Amazing source of folic acid. Folic acid plays an important role in the development of baby’s organs an intake of folic acid prevents neural defects in your baby.
- Prevents Anaemia.
- Filled with Calcium
- Rich in nutrients and minerals
- Helps with baby’s brain development.
BANANA HEALTH BENEFITS DURING PREGNANCY
- Bananas are a great source of potassium, which help regulate blood pressure.
- Bananas are a good source of vitamin C and helps aid the absorption of Iron.
DATE HEALTH BENEFITS DURING PREGNANCY
- Filled with good for you sugar and its just oh so yum.
- Contains Protein that helps support the growth of your baby.
- Filled with Fibre. We all want a smoothly running digestive system in pregnancy.
- Contains Iron. Prevents anaemia in your baby and develops a stronger immunity system.
- Contains Folic acid, which prevents dangerous birth defects in your baby.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PUDDING – serves 1
- 1 medium banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Strawberry for garnish and added deliciousness
Place everything in a blender and puree until smooth. Scoop everything into a small bowl and refrigerate until chilled. Lick all your utensils clean while you wait. Enjoy!