Our little Arren has grown so much this month. Continue reading
General conference weekend is the best kind of weekend. A weekend filled with good times at home with family or friends, eating good food and wondering why you don’t have play glasses for your baby, because he looks an awful lot like some of the apostles. Continue reading
Growth spurts are hard guys! Wow, you just start thinking you have a sleeping pattern and then, bam! Time for a growth spurt ,yet again! Continue reading
A sleeping baby and a beautiful view is all you need for a romantic picnic lunch. Continue reading
Nothing says it’s party time like a picnic in Kirstenbosch gardens right? well throw in a cute little baby and you’ve got yourself a party. Continue reading
Yesterday we celebrated Carl’s 30th Birthday! As I was going through the photos of our full day of adventures yesterday, my heart just swelled to 500 times its normal size. Continue reading
Happy St Patrick’s day! I can’t believe its been a year since we were in Dublin for St Patrick’s day. Here is a flash back photo of of one of my favourite St Patrick’s day photos in Ireland. Continue reading
Carl and I have mastered the art of baby entertaining while enjoying dinner. Continue reading
Friday isn’t called “fry”day for nothing and what better day to go on a little spontaneous date than Friday! When you get fries with that, you know it’s going to be a good day. Our first tiny night time date was of course with little Arren, because what kind of date would be baby free? Because right now he might be in college before we go on a one on one date, but when your baby brings all the fun and cuteness to the table how can you not want to take him everywhere.
While waiting for our fries we walked around the little pier and admired all the little lights. Arren was mesmerised by all the lights and the joys of a night time outing.
The best part of our little date was how well Arren slept that night! More dates please!
It feels like it was just yesterday that I wrote my musings for the first month! Nothing makes you realise how fast time goes by like a baby, before having Arren a month didn’t feel like such a big deal, but now when I see all the milestones we go through on a monthly bases as humans I feel more grateful for the time I have in this earthly life.
A lot has happened this month; The best thing that happened this month is definitely the fact that Arren finally likes his dad! I think we finally wore him down with all our intense ” You will like your father” techniques! Hey, it worked! Everyday just keeps getting better with this guy!
MUSINGS OF FIRST TIME PARENTS – 2 MONTHS
- We’ve figured out how to bounce Arren to sleep in a shorter amount of time. It might look weird to people, but hey! It works! It also causes slight cramping instead of one long cramp from an hour of “normal” bouncing.
- You wont know how to stand still without your baby in public. I start bounce standing when talking to people now.
- Going out with a baby means taking everything you own ,because you don’t know if you will need it or not.
- Being late will just become the norm. Even if you get up really early, have everything ready a poopslosion can turn into an impromptu bath time.
- Making it to church at 9am is a distant memory. Things just take longer and its okay, soon we will figure out how to leave the house before 11:30.
- Arren can go from a happy smiling baby to a sad baby within a minute. Babies are bipolar.
- Everything is worth it, because of that amazing little person in your arms. The cute baby smiles, giggles and coos will make your heart melt.
- Why is there vomit on everything???
- Arren is more engaged now and loves to play.
- A more wakeful baby also means more time to figure out why he’s crying.
- Arren went to his first funeral this month and I saw first hand the comfort a baby can bring to everyone around them.
- You wont believe how many photos you take.