Feeding a toddler is no easy task, one meal they will be eating like they’re the best eater in the world, the next your scraping off food from the wall wondering how you made something so vile your kid thinks it’s better suited as art.
With Arren’s allergies we are very careful of what we give Arren to eat, but that doesn’t stop Arren from rejecting 90% of the food I put in front of him the first time. With persistence he will start trying something and eventually like it. Like carrot; he is so weird about carrot the only way he likes it is if it’s steamed. He doesn’t like it roasted or any other delicious way. I guess he’s a purist.
By having such a picky toddler I’ve come up with some lunch favourites that he just can’t say no to.
TODDLER LUNCH IDEAS.
^^ I tried to cut a fun shape…..it did not go well.
- Almond butter sandwich with blueberries and raisins.
- Pumpkin seed butter sandwich on sourdough rye bread.
- Hummus Sandwich.
- Marmite toast or Rice cake.
- Fruit of any kind. Not cut up because Arren is a purist that prefers his nectarine whole. except gross cotton candy grapes (he’s a monster I know).
- Blackbean and avocado quesadilla.
- Spirulina Smoothie.
- Beet Smoothie.
- Gluten Free, Sugar free Black bean brownies.
- Blueberry muffins
- Red Lentil Fritters with avocado
- Cucumber slices
- He’s obsessed with the fry’s vegetarian sausages. He grabbed it out of my hand the one day and now just loves it!
You just have to find what works for your kid, and always remember you’re doing a great job. I was the pickiest eater as a child, but now I eat as healthy as they come.