Another month has just flown by and all of a sudden Arren doesn’t even seem like a baby anymore! He’s grown so much and is getting spunkier each day. I just can’t believe how much I love this little weirdo. He’s been having longer periods of wakefulness, he really uses this time well, trying to be the cutest baby he can possibly be.
We’ve been trying to take him out more, but boy, we still look like deer in the headlights. We usually have a whole lot of things in our hands that we don’t end up using, but hey we are slowly getting into a rhythm as a family of three.
This guy is such a tall baby, he doesn’t even seem like a baby anymore he’s so tall! He’s growing rapidly and I just keep wondering where did my tiny little baby go?! I’m breastfeeding Arren Yuki exclusively and things are going great. This guy has been a natural from the beginning he’s had a great latch and with help from my midwife, we mastered breastfeeding from the beginning. I’ve found out Arren is allergic to gluten, so I’ve taken gluten out my diet now. I didn’t have that much gluten before, but I did have a piece of toast here and there, and almost everything seems to have surprise gluten in it.
I’m really happy that I kept exercising and eating healthy during pregnancy, its played such an important role in my postpartum recovery. I’m still trying to get moving and actually do stuff, but most of the time Arren doesn’t want anything to do with that nonsense, he just wants to be held and cuddled. He doesn’t even like being used as my exercise equipment! I still use him as a weight, when he’s not looking; shhhhh, don’t tell him. I’ve started sneaking downstairs in the morning to do a quick workout. I’m loving the tone it up workout series. It’s such a great start to my morning and gets me pumped to carry around a growing baby the whole day!
ARREN’S 2 MONTH UPDATE
- This little guy is all smiles and giggles lately. It’s been really fun trying to get him to giggle. He really brings out my silly side.
- Hes kicking away a storm. When he gets excited he starts kicking vigorously. It’s the funniest thing ever, it looks like he’s trying to run away.
- He loves being carried looking over the shoulder, he holds my arm so nicely while he looks at the world in awe. He uses his other hand to steer me by my hair like I’m a horse.
- He’s been really liking the baby in the mirror lately, he hated the baby in the mirror before and would scream at himself. I think he saw the other baby as competition.
- All the cooing! He coos all the time and one of his coos sounds exactly like Hello! It’s just the most amazing thing. We’ve decided he should start a baby band called The Coos with his baby friends.
- Everything goes into his mouth. He’s started putting everything he can pick up into his mouth. We got him this cute little crinkling lion and the first thing he did with it was give him a little taste. We’ve also fooled him into taking his pacifier like that. If he puts it into his mouth by himself he doesn’t hate it that much.
- The witching hour here is more like the witching hours! between 5 – 7 this guy just seems to reach his limit of being overstimulated, grumpy and sleepy or maybe he’s just sick of seeing my face and looks forward to seeing his dad. Either way, it’s hard!
- He’s starting to sleep better at night, he doesn’t need to feed as much as he used to. This guy sure knows the difference between night and day. He gets grumpy if we don’t start winding down and take him upstairs to the room for his bedtime routine. It’s like he’s got a little watch on him.
- He smiles at everyone. I feel like we have to work so hard for a smile and then wham! A new person just looks at him and a smile happens. It’s really unfair!
This guy is such a little joy to be around! Watching him grow is just amazing.