Arren Yuki is a year old and I’m still reeling from that fact, but what I’m really reeling from is the fact that I haven’t had uninterrupted sleep in a year! Oh, sleep how I miss you!
But even with so little sleep I would do it all over again.
Arren has been the best first baby, our little guinea pig into parenting, Mr number one, and even though I really wanted a girl, I am really happy with the gross boy I got.
Carl and I were both scared of babies, we were constantly worried that we would break them, so having a first baby be sturdy boy was a life saver and having such a big mamas boy is just pure gold. Being so intensely loved is amazing and being so aggressively loved is adorable.
Highlights of year one
- Not sleeping the first two days, because we couldn’t stop staring at Arren.
- Regretting not sleeping on day 3.
- Escaping a wild fire with our week old baby.
- Gas smiles during the first month,knowing they aren’t real smiles but not caring.
- Gas smiles that turn into real smiles
- Singing Arren 90’s songs as lullabies (this is Carl’s thing) and eventually settling on the Beatles.
- Singing Yesterday(The Beatles) literally more than a 1000 times.
- Rubbing Carl in my breast milk in hopes that Arren would like him. It didn’t work.
- Arren’s cute little gums.
- Having the cute gummies disappear thanks to teeth.
- Seeing Arren learn new things.
- His persistence
- Poopslosion in Kirstenbosch.
- Making him giggle
- Arren finally liking his father
- Giving his papa kisses.
- His insane tantrums when you just say the word no.
- Seeing his personality grow by the day.
- How he finds the words izzy, pezazz and shimmy funny.
- Walking all over the show.
- Holding his little hand while he walks
- How much he loves water.
- How picky he is, but at the same time isn’t.