Exactly one year ago today, I was holding my baby in my arms for the first time.
Arren was completely planned, but everything else about him has been such a surprise.
Here are some of the surprises from the year.
- He arrived way, waaay later than we thought he was going to. I was convinced I was having an elephant pregnancy, by the first of January.
- He came in hot and was born an hour and 5 minutes after my contractions started.
- My midwife didn’t make it.
- He had to be caught by his father.
- I didn’t think I would ever do a lotus birth, I probably wont ever do one again.
- Baby boys are gross.
- There is so much pee and poop.
- It will become nothing but a thing, and you will find yourself talking about said poo over dinner time.
- Postpartum depression sucks.
- Beating postpartum depression is the best
- Anaphalaxis is scary.
- Babies are bullies.
- Having your heart explode day, by day, by such a gross little bully is amazing.
Today we celebrate Arren’s 12 months of life! He’s the funniest, cutest, naughtiest little guy I know, and I don’t know what I would do without him in my life. Love you baby boy.