I’m loving this little segment on my blog! Its a great way of remembering our little farm experience and our first real home together. We’ve had to push our big move off for a couple weeks as I still don’t have my passport or marriage certificate or any identification, but everything happens for a reason, I say! Now, Carl will be able to write his exam without stressing about moving to a different country a couple of days later. We will also be able to celebrate my birthday and have a very hot Christmas.
Between getting rid of all the really strange crap that have accumulated in the house and working out how much to sell everything for, I’m really grateful for the little extra time. In my experience its always best to just do something. Stop over thinking everything and just do it. Time for selling all our worldly belongings is close, but the time for a new adventures is even closer!
Things about living on a farm I want to remember:
- I’ve seen flies have sex…Its horrible and its even worse when they decide to bang in your hair. Forever unclean!
- Getting flies out of your house feels near impossible. Farm flies seem to love citronella, tea tree oil, clove incense and eucalyptus incense. They crazy!
- Farm mosquitoes are huge and will find a way to suck your blood. I’ve seen them sucking away a storm through my jeans. I wish they were a little more hygienic. You know, maybe go wash your sucker thing off once in a while?
- Horses are majestic….until you live with them. Horse genitalia is not pretty, mountains of poop in front of your door sucks and the random rolling is crazy! They will also eat everything…Ferns included.
- Jackals have microphones and they will use it every night to make some utterly interesting sounds. Falling asleep to jackal sounds sure is great.
- Guinea-fowl look like hovercraft’s when they run.
- Baby cows are the cutest things on earth! Until they eat your swiss chard.
- Having to take your cat outside and stay outside with him so he doesn’t feel scared. Or he will poo on the couch when you just sit down.
- Farm sunsets are the most incredible thing ever!
- The deafening quiet. Peaceful is an understatement.
Lets get to photos!
^^ Home made ginger ale. My ginger bug worked amazingly! Next tie I’ll add more ginger, molasses and lemon juice. It was a little bit mellow for my taste.
^^ This bread has made going gluten free, really easy! It taste so much better than normal bread. I’ve also started losing the pesky weight that never seemed to go away. My face fat! and belly fat. Getting toned!
^^ Chickpea salad cos lettuce wraps! So filling and refreshing.
^^ Maca spirulina smoothie. Pretty bubbles
^^ I finally finished my slytherin scarf! It took forever, but its finally done. Now I just have Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw to go!
^^ Found this little guy in one of our junk crates. He was a birthday present from Carl.
^^ Also found this Darth Vader mask in the same crate.
^^ You have to make a mess before you see results right? Why do we have old Christmas gift bags! Someone call hoarders!
^^ I’m going to miss all these roses.
^^ Bell peppers growing away a storm.
^^ Spaghetti squash flower.
^^ I love this dill flower. Its like tiny galaxies.
Its Friday! Do you have any plans?